At Smith, we develop world-class experiential commerce solutions to help brands architect the most relevant, frictionless commerce experiences possible. We work at a high tempo, we collaborate, we’re passionate about our work with clients and we deliver.
The market demand for our services has fueled our growth. We're currently seeking a talented Solution Architect (SA) that thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our team. Smith is searching for an SA to partner with our clients to define the implementation of scalable and engaging commerce, CPQ, content and other digitally-enabled solutions for clients.
As an SA at Smith, you’ll be part of a team of architects within the delivery organization focused across a portfolio of clients and future clients. This role will require a broad technology background coupled with business acumen to identify opportunities and lead the solutioning of an approach through the sales cycle. From there, you’ll be counted on to be the overall technology delivery owner within the corresponding projects, collaborating with the delivery teams, ensuring alignment to the initial vision and ultimately partnership with the account leadership on additional opportunities.
And if all that isn’t enough, you’ll be expected to thrive in our fast-paced environment and take change and uncertainty in stride.
Sound like you? Get in touch.
Who you are
- A technology SME across various spaces but grounded in digital commerce, capable of creating and articulating cross-system architectures
- A leader that can pull together a cross-functional team, articulate a vision and help ensure its success from start to finish
- A strategic thinker with solid interpersonal skills
- Someone who enjoys being involved in the sales process
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to prospects and capable for defining RFP responses with minimal details
What you’ll do
- Lead the technology needs of sales within a portfolio of accounts, including client conversations, solutioning, estimating and scope/assumption definition
- Partner with the Technology Delivery Pillars to provide technical oversight and guidance to delivery teams
- Travel in support of sales and delivery as needed
- Provide guidance to the customer and project team with respect to technical feasibility, complexity, and level of effort required to deliver a solution
- Scoping, designing, and ultimately supporting the teams to deliver a complex technical solution for a project
- Participate in the overall strategy, standardization, analysis, design, and implementation of a client initiative.
- Provide onsite tech leadership with key business stakeholders, analysts, and other Solution Architects/Technical Leads on the client side if necessary.
- Support responses to RFPs
- Assist in the development and delivery of pre and post sales presentations and proposals for client engagements.
- Engage with Smith sales and account team to understand requirements and present solutions
- Prototype the feasibility of proposed technology solutions
- Participate with the sales and account team on strategy of selling the account in relation to technology issues and obligations
- Support ongoing meetings with the sales and internal strategy teams on go-to-market strategies and sales planning
What grabs our attention
- Extensive hands-on architecture and development experience with one or more commerce platforms
- 7+ years in e-Commerce architecture, systems integration and development, package implementation, relational databases, with knowledge of multiple technologies and interactive design using e-Commerce platforms such as SAP Commerce, Salesforce Commerce, GSI, Intershop, IBM WebSphere, ATG or Magento
- Hands-on customer facing management and technical delivery experience
- Proven experience with supporting the sales cycles
- Experience in full lifecycle software development processes and methods
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (computer science, engineering, or math preferred); Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years experience with business information systems integration or custom business application design and development in a professional technology consulting, corporate MIS or software development environment
- Proven knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies, and enterprise integration and software development pattern
- Strong desire to provide thought leadership related to technology and help grow the business
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of a customer’s organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation, organizational and planning skills
Smith | Commerce Reimagined. Performance Realized.
Smith goes beyond the traditional digital agency. We focus on converting our clients’ potential into performance. With over 20 years of commerce experience at our core, we bring deep expertise, coupled with an unparalleled passion for results, to every engagement. By working hand-in-hand with our clients and key partnerships with technology platforms including SAP Commerce (formerly Hybris) and Salesforce, we consistently produce commerce experiences that help brands and businesses do more than simply improve. We help them thrive. By combining our strategic, creative, analytical, and technical capabilities, we consistently enhance customer experiences, accelerate sales, and optimize operations, enabling over 500,000 transactions every day and driving over $38 billion in annual revenue for our clients. Our unique ownership structure is based on a philanthropic foundation which allows us to focus on client outcomes before quarterly earnings reports and empowers us to make decisions focused on helping our clients with our profits enabling socially beneficial programs. Smith has offices in Dayton, OH; Ottawa-Gatineau, Canada; and Santiago, Chile along with our remote workforce distributed throughout the United States and Canada. We are the performance commerce company. Learn more at www.smithcommerce.com.